Saturday, July 13, 2013

Opinion:Hoping for a New Start

For the record, the ADMU Blue Eagles now have a No win- three losses record, first time for how many years.


Overall-Reaction for the Three games:


All were shocked with the performance of the eagles, not the typical players we usually see. There was no Kiefer Ravena and the team was not in that usual condition we always see for the past 5 seasons.


For their first game against NU, they were crushed. Yes they were, even though it is hard to believe, think and imagine. It is true no one can change the fact. Still, it did not matter. They started the game awkwardly for me, even with injury Kiefer still played for a few minutes in the first half but he only scored 2 points. The team led by Parks continued to dominate the game. During the last remaining minutes of the game the eagles managed to cut the lead to 10. Regardless of the fact that Nico Elorde's nose bled(and I think it's because of this Jeoffrey Javillionar) many consider him as the hero of the game for the eagles. Yes he contributed a lot even though he was not part of the starting line-up and that I think made him stepped up.


Second game against FEU, I wasn't able to watch the entire game because I have classes yet I managed to make it for the 3rd quarter till overtime. Buenafe scoring all over the place. He was amazing. Another hero for the eagles. But still, the tamaraws prevailed. The game ended with the 79-75 score. It was a Terrence Romeo game plus RR Garcia.The good thing is we saw Ryan Buenafe scoring  massively with 29 points.


Third game versus the rivals, La Salle. The most awaited match. It was a great game. I really thought that the eagles will win because of their performance in the first half.Chris Newsome was awesome. We just saw the skills and abilities that this player can contribute for the team. Unlike the past game Buenafe was not that dominating and shocking. The Eagles were ahead with 14 points at the end of the first half. But their actions lessened in the second half. Suddenly the Archers were leading and leaving the eagles behind. They lose, Third consecutive loss.


What can we say? As an ordinary fan I don't know the real score happening in that specific team. All I say are those things I observe and believe in. I or maybe "WE" look at their faces every game, disregarding their handsome faces for a while, thinking hard and asking ourselves,"What are they thinking now?What is really happening to them?" If only we would know every detail exactly then maybe we could help? Then I asked myself again, "What can you do specifically? You're just a fan, they do not even know you exist" But still you keep in doing so. What can I do? It has been a big part of my life. Not only the athletes, the team or the school but the whole UAAP as well have contributed a lot for turning me as a person like this. I can never imagine my life without UAAP. Being a fan became my hobby, past time, until it became this important for me. My world revolves around UAAP. That is why as much as all our saying to me that I am overreacting about this 3 straight losses of the basketball team I've been supporting for years, I still keep on supporting, hoping and believing.


Supporting even though they will not notice, Hoping even though everyone else thinks it will not happen, and Believing even though everyone else stopped, and also hoping for a new start.


So today the Eagles hopes for a major comeback. After three consecutive losses and a major change with their hair that symbolizes unity and their hope for a new start.
Everyone is expecting for the return of the king eagle today. A major comeback plus a big return. Will we now see the ascending eagles? Will this upcoming  game against the Adamson Soaring Falcons become their start?


Whatever happens let us all keep on supporting and believing! GO ATENEO! ONE BIG FIGHT! PROVE THEM WRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment